So, after a month or so of active development, I’m almost ready with version 2.0 of JustLooking. I’m just waiting for some localisation help, and then I’ll go ahead with the release. The first releases were quite functional, but pretty ugly, I think. A few users from the internet made some suggestions on how to improve the UI and I have completely redesigned it.
In addition to a complete update to the user interface, I have added the following new features to version 2.0:
- Saving of rotated images (JPEGs, GIFs, PNGs, BMPs, and TIFFs)
- Remote Control Support in slide show mode.
- Image displaying and resizing is muuuuucchhh faster now.
- Hold down the ‘OPTION’ key on startup goes to full screen slide show.
- many bug fixes in the code, including some animated GIF problems.
I will spend the next week or so fixing the last couple of bugs in the program and waiting for the last bits of localisation help to come in, and will then release it both on this server and on the BitTorrent networks.
Please feel free to send me your requests for future versions or reports of any bugs or problems you find in the program. I’m thinking the next big features will lie in image resizing and saving of images in different formats.[Read Rest of Article]