I am happy to announce the immediate availability of JustLooking 3.3.1. This is a minor maintenance release, and includes the following:
- A quick bug fix for image blurring in the main window that I accidentaly re-introduced in 3.3.
- A completely new Turkish translation by Oğuzhan Öçbe (thank you).
- Updates to French and Korean
The original 3.3 release announcment has links to the new files to download.
As always, any feedback, comments, or gifts of bottles of wine are appreciated! :)
Enjoy![Read Rest of Article]
I am thrilled to announce the immediate availability of JustLooking 3.3.2. JustLooking is a program to view pictures and images on your Mac OS X (Tiger or newer) based computer. JustLooking is a Universal Binary, and can be run on both PowerPC and Intel Macs. The program is and will always be very free
- Download JustLooking-3.3.2.dmg now (HTTP – USA)
- Download JustLooking-3.3.2.dmg now (BitTorrent – TPB)
Version 3.3.2 of JustLooking is the best version yet, and contains some massive changes and improvements over previous versions:
- Switching between images is significantly smoother and less jerky than before.
- Images can now be sorted by the same order as “Finder”, or by date, with support for reverse sorting.
- Shuffle mode for full screen slide show.
- You can now rename files or move them to a different folder
- When you ‘save as’ or move an image to a different directory, you can now tell JustLooking not to switch folders and reload the file list.
- Image properties and meta data (i.e. Exif) are now properly saved along with files. Colour Profiles are also correctly managed now.
- Zooming is fixed to be a bit less unpredictable
- File resizing and saving is also much better than before, although, due to limitations in the CoreImage filters I’m using for resizing, still not perfect. The huge white lines seen in previous versions after resizing are now gone, but there are still some unfortunate artifacts on occasion. I will completely rewrite this code for the 4.0 series of JustLooking.
- The JustLooking application icon looks less horrible now.
- New Slovakian translation!
JustLooking 3.3 ships in the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Slovakian (new!)
- Turkish (new!)
- Croatian (new!)
Swedish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, and Norwegian have not been included in this version as they are getting too out of date now.
Feedback and Bug Reports
I will soon begin work on 4.0, although I have a full time job now (gotta pay the bills, y’see), so the progress will be a bit slower again. If you have any feature requests, please do let me know, and I will endeavour to add them.[Read Rest of Article]
So, after a month or so of active development, I’m almost ready with version 2.0 of JustLooking. I’m just waiting for some localisation help, and then I’ll go ahead with the release. The first releases were quite functional, but pretty ugly, I think. A few users from the internet made some suggestions on how to improve the UI and I have completely redesigned it.
In addition to a complete update to the user interface, I have added the following new features to version 2.0:
- Saving of rotated images (JPEGs, GIFs, PNGs, BMPs, and TIFFs)
- Remote Control Support in slide show mode.
- Image displaying and resizing is muuuuucchhh faster now.
- Hold down the ‘OPTION’ key on startup goes to full screen slide show.
- many bug fixes in the code, including some animated GIF problems.
I will spend the next week or so fixing the last couple of bugs in the program and waiting for the last bits of localisation help to come in, and will then release it both on this server and on the BitTorrent networks.
Please feel free to send me your requests for future versions or reports of any bugs or problems you find in the program. I’m thinking the next big features will lie in image resizing and saving of images in different formats.[Read Rest of Article]